HOT FLASHES AND MENOPAUSE
Hot flashes normally starts in the area around the face and spread to the chest, lasting around 3 minutes. 75-85% of menopausal women experience hot flashes, this can last from 1-5 years. Hot flashes impact our sleep on 2 levels:
1. The temperature fluctuation can wake us up or lead to a more restless sleep.
2. Our sleep quality is reduced as we spend less time in the important deep sleep phases. For a really restorative sleep we need to keep the ideal sleeping temperature, getting hot and cold and night is a real sleep killer.
There are however a number of actions we can take to combat hot flashes during menopause and sleep better.
HOT FLASHES—YOUR KEY TO SLEEPING BETTER
Avoid menopause sleep problems by alleviating the impact of hot flashes:
1. A cool room to sleep in: lower room temperatures, ideally below 18 °C/ 64 °F helps us to sleep better. This becomes even more important if we are suffering from hot flashes. Not only does the lower ambient temperature helps us to feel cooler, it also supports a better sleep quality. Breathing in cool air helps to lower or core body temperature which helps us to fall asleep and to stay asleep.
2. Have a cooling aid: if you have a glass of ice water next to your bed and a wet cloth you can quickly cool yourself down in case of hot flashes at night.
3. Menopause pajamas for hot flashes: most nightwear is not designed for our physiological sleep needs are not apt at meeting our particular needs when impacted by hot flashes. Natural fabrics often get soaked and then become wet and uncomfortable. Synthetic fabrics trap in the heat and the sweat and we overheat even more.
hot and cold at night?
menopause pajamas for hot flashes
A moisture wicking pajamas that is highly breathable can make a real difference. It's also important that our sleepwear work with evaporative cooling to not only wick away the moisture but also cool us down.
Dagsmejan sleepwear is ideal to help you moderate the impact of hot flashes and sleep deeper and longer. With the finest natural fibres and the latest sleep technology Dagsmejan is scientifically proven to keep you longer in the ideal climatic comfort zone. Find out why Dagsmejan has been called the best menopause pajamas for hot flashes.
how to sleep better with dagsmejan
Temperature fluctuations during the night impact our sleep negatively and this is a very common problem during menopause. Dagsmejan's menopause pajamas is scientifically proven to help you to get a better sleep by staying in the ideal climatic comfort zone. Enjoy a deeper and longer sleep!
During our menopause years hot flashes often reduces our night comfort and sleep quality. Our sleepwear wicks moisture away while providing ultimate breathability to ensure that you don’t overheat. The best pajamas for hot flashes
We move 50 times every night. Our sleepwear has been tested extensively in consumer fit trials to ensure it moves with your body. Flat seams, no tags, and carefully engineered waistbands mean you enjoy amazing comfort, all night. The most comfortable pajamas in the world for incredible night comfort.
As we sleep, blood flow to our skin increases as our cells regenerate and our skin becomes more sensitive to touch. Our sleepwear is twice as soft as cotton and with our light-weight, stretch fabrics there is nothing to rub you the wrong way during the night. That’s what makes Dagsmejan the softest women's pajamas.